Inexpensive solar is important because:
- Low cost renewable energy could have a big impact on how we get power.
- Amazing things become possible.
- Imagine effective panels on your cell phone and you could charge your computer.
- A no brainer to have solar panels on your roof.
- Our method works great on uneven surfaces, so power your car.
- Flexible solar panels that you could roll up into your backpack and charge your phone or medical devices while you're hiking.
- Thin films are transparent, so we could coat your office and pull power out of a building's window.
Current methods are stodgy and expensive. Our method makes it possible to make solar panels out of uneven surfaces and non-traditional designs.
Cheap solar power is the future, but it is available today using technology designed for other applications. This technology has all the necessary attributes to cost effectively manufacture solar panels. .
CEOI've always liked the idea of solar panels because it's a power source that uses an energy source that's always there. Think ten years down the road when the solar investment has already paid back - we would be effectively getting power for free. It makes a lot of sense, and it's a great way to make future generations better off. Over time I've become convinced the only way to make that happen is to make panels cheaper. Our technology has the ability to make this a reality.
Technology ResearchElectrical engineer who worked for several years installing solar panels in the jungles of Mexico and throughout Central America. He saw the impact solar could have on communities that had never seen electricity before. Leon brings great experience will solar panel installation and the industry, as well as tremendous passion about what solar has the potential to do.
Principal InvestigatorAssistant Professor and Graduate Student Advisor for the Department of Chemical Engineering at New Mexico State University Will serve as the Key Personnel, will assist in lab research preparing materials from polymer-assisted deposition technique.
ConsultantInterim Chief Operating Officer. Serving currently as senior strategic planner and chief marketing officer.